« НазадПродовжити »
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
1. The shell. 2. The shell-membrane. 3. The albumen. 4. The vitelline
the upper and lower layers.
and hypoblast. 3. The extension of the blastoderm over the yolk. 4. The
5. The head-fold and the other folds by means of which the
Coalescence of the bones after birth. Table of bones classified according to
I. Incubators. II. Examination of a 36 to 48 hours embryo. III.
p. 124, in the description of Fig. 39 B, for 'Superior vertebral' substitute
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS.
DIAGRAMMATIC Section of an Unincubated Fowl's Egg .
spheres and spherules of various sizes and presenting different ap
pearances 3. Section of a Blastoderm of a Fowl's Egg at the commencement of
4. Section through the Germinal Disc of the ripe Ovarian Ovum of a
Fowl while yet enclosed in its Capsule . 5. Surface Views of the early stages of the Segmentation in a Fowl's
6. Surface View of the Germinal Disc of a Hen's Egg during the later
Stages of Segmentation
7. Section of the Germinal Disc of a Fowl during the later Stages of
8. A to N. A series of purely diagrammatic representations introduced
to facilitate the comprehension of the manner in which the body of
9. Diagrammatic Longitudinal Section through the Axis of an Embryo.
Section of a Blastoderm at right angles to the long axis of the