« НазадПродовжити »
L. Evening: 23. I have more Understanding than my Teachers, for thy Testimonies are my Study: I am wiser than the Aged, because I keep thy Commandments.
24. I have refrained my Feet from every evil Way, that I may keep thy Word : I have not shrunk from thy Judgements, for Thou teachest me.
25. O how sweet are thy Words unto my Throat, yea, sweeter than Honey unto my Mouth.
26. Through thy Commandments I get Understanding; therefore I hate every evil Way.
, 27. GRACE BE unto You, and Peace from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come ; and from Jesus Chrift, who is the faithful Witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the Prince of the Kings of the Earth: (Rev. i. 4.)
28. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our Sins in his own Blood; and hath made us Kings and; Priests unto God and his Father ; to Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Twenty fixth Η Υ Μ Ν LI. Morning.
HY WORD IS a Lantern unto my Feet, and 1. THY
a Light to my Paths. I have sworn, and am Stedfastly purposed to keep thy righteous Judgements. (Pf. cxix.)
2. I am troubled above measure ; quicken me, O Lord, according to thy Word:
3. Let the free-will Offerings of my Mouth be accepted of Thee, O Lord, and teach me thy Judgements.
4. My Soul is always in my Hand, yet do I not forget thy Law
s. The Ungodly have laid a Snare for me; but yet I fwerved not from thy Commandments.
6. Thy Testimonies have I claimed, as mine Heritage for ever : and why? they are the very Joy of my Heart.
7. I have applied my Heart to fulfill thy Statutes always, even unto the End.
8. I HATE THEM that imagine evil Things; but thy Law do I love: Thou art my Defence and Shield, and my Truft is in thy Word.
9. Away from me, ye wicked; I will keep the Com mandments of my God.
10. () establish me according to thy Word, that I may live ; and let me not be disappointed of my Dope.
II. Hold Thou me up, and 1 Shall be fufe ; yea, my Delight shall be ever in thy Statutes.
12. Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy Statutes, for they imagine but Deceit.
13. Thou putteft away all the Ungodly of the Earth like Drofs; therefore I love thy Testimonies.
14. My Flesh trembleth for Fear of Thee, and I am afraid of thy Judgements.
15. I DEAL with the Thing that is lawful and right; O give me not over unto mine Oppressors.
16. Make Thou thy Servant to delight in that which is good, that the proud do me no Wrong.
17. Mine Eyes are wasted away with looking for thy Salvation, and for the Word of thy Righteousness : deal with thy Servant according unto thy loving Mercy, and teach me thy Statutes.
18. I am thy Servant, O grant me Understanding, that I may know thy Testimonies.
19. It is Time for Thee, O Lord, to lay to thine Hand, for they have destroyed thy Law.
20. For I love thy Commandments above Gold, and precious Stones.
21. Therefore I efteem all thy Precepts concerning all Things to be right ; and all false Ways I utterly abhor.
22. THY TESTIMONIES are wonderful, therefore doth my Soul keep them.
23. When thy Word goeth forth, it giveth. Light and Understanding unto the Simple.
24. I opened my Mouth, and drew in my Breath, for my Delight was in thy Commandments.
25. O look Thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as Thou useft to do unto those that love thy Name: order my Steps in thy Word, and so fhall no Wickedness have Dominion over me.
26. O deliver me from the wrongful Dealings of Men, and so fl-all I keep thy Precepts ; few the Light of thy Counterance upon thy Servant, and teach me thiy Statutes.
27. Mine Eyes guíted out with Water, becaule Men keep not thy Law.
28. RIGHTEOUS ART Thou, O Lord, and true is thy Judgement.
29. The Testimonies that Thou hast commanded are exceeding righteous and faithful.
30. My Zeal hath even consumed me, because mine Enemies have forgotten thy Words
31. Thy Word is very pure, therefore thy Servant loveth it. I am small, and of no Reputation, yet do I not forget thy Precepts.
32. Thy Righteousness is an everlasting Righteousness, and thy Law is the Truth.
33. Trouble and Heaviness have taken hold upon me, yet is my Delight in thy Commandments.
34. The Righteousness of thy Testimonies is everlasting; O grant me Understanding, and i hall live.
35. Now to Him that is of Power to establish us according to his Gospel, and the Preaching of Jesus Christ; to God only wise, be Glory, through Jesus Christ for ever.
36. Amen. (Rom. xvi. 25.)
Twenty fixth HYMN LII. Evening
CALL WITH my whole Heart; hear me, O Lord, I
I will keep thy Statutes: yea, even unto Thee do I call; help me, and I shall keep thy Tefimonies. (Pf. cxix.)
2. Early in the Morning do I cry unto Thee ; for in thy Word is my Truft: mine Eyes prevent the Night-watches, that I might meditate on thy Word.
3. Hear my Voice, O Lord, according to thy loving Kindness ; quicken me according as Thou art wont.
4. They draw nigh that of Malice persecute me, and are far from thy Law.
5. Be Thou nigh at Hand, O Lord, for all thy Commandments are true.
6. As concerning thy Testimonies, I have known long since, that Thou haft founded them for ever.
47. O CONSIDER mine Adversity, and deliver me, for I do not forget thy Law: avenge Thou my Cause, and deliver me; quicken me according to thy Word.
8. Salvation is far from the wicked, for they regard not
9. Great is thy Mercy, O Lord, quicken me to thy Judgements.
10. Many there are that trouble me and persecute me; yet do I not swerve from thy Testimonies.
II. It grieveth me when I see the Tranfgreffors, because they keep not thy Law. Consider, O Lord, how I love thy Commandments; O quicken me, according to thy loving Kindness.
12. Thy Word is true from everlasting; all the Judgements of thy Righteousness endure for evermore.
13. PRINCES HAVE persecuted me without a Cause, ? but my Heart ftandeth in Awe of thy Word: I am as glad of thy Word, as one that findeth great Spoils.
14. As for Lies, I hate and abhor them; but thy Law do I love.
15. Seven Times a Day do I praise Thee, becaufe of thy righteous Judgements.
16. Great Peace have they who love thy Law, and nothing shall offend them.
17. Lord, I have looked for thy saving Health, and done after thy Commandments: my Soul hath kept thy Testimonies, and loved them exceedingly.
18. I have kept thy Precepts and Testimonies; for all my Ways are before Thee.
919. Let My Complaint come before Thee, O Lord, give me Understanding according to thy Word.
20. Let my Supplication come before Thee ; deliver me me according to thy Word.
21. My Lips shall fpeak of thy Praise, when Thou haft taught me thy Statutes: yea, my Tongue shall fing of thy Word; for all thy Commandments are righteous.
22. Let thine Hand help me, for I have chosen thy Commaudments.
23. I have longed for thy faving Health, O Lord, and in thy Law is my Delight ; lec my Soul live, and it shall praise Thee, and thy Judgements shall help me."
24. 'I have gone astray, like a Sheep that is loft; O feek thy Servant, for I do not forget thy Commandments.
25. Now QUR LORD Jesus Christ himself, and God even our Father, which hath loved Us, and hath given us everlasting Consolation and good Hope through Grace; comfort your Hearts, and establish you in every good Word and Work. (2 Theffal. ii. 16.)
26. The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.be with us all Amen.
Twenty seventh HYMN LIII. Morning. HEN I was in TroubleI upon
the Lord and He heard me. Deliver my Soul, O Lord, from lying Lips, and from a deceitful Tongue. (P/ cxx.)
2. What Reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou • false Tongue? even mighty and sharp Arrows, with hot burning Coals.
3. I WILL LIFT up mine Eyes unto the Hills, from whence cometh my Help: my Help cometh even from the Lord, who hath made Heaven and Earth. (P/. cxxi.)
4. He will not suffer thy Foot to be moved ; and He that keepeth Thee will not seep: behold, He that keepeth Ifrael Ihall neither flumber nor sleep.
5. The Lord himself is thy Keeper ; the Lord is thy Defence upon thy right Hand; so that the Sun shall not smite chee by Day, neither the Moon by Night: the Lord shall preserve Thee from all Evil; yea, it is even He that keepeth thy Soul.
6. The Lord shall preserve thy going out, and thiy coming in, from this Time forth for evermore.
7. I was GLAD when they said unto me, We will go into the House of the Lord, our Feet shall stand within thy Gates, O Jerusalem. (Pf. cxxii.) 8. Jerusalem is built
as a City, that is at Unity in itself. 9. For thither the Tribes go up, even the Tribes of the Lord, to testifie unto Israel, to give Thanks unto the Name of the Lord.
IÓ. For there is the Seat of Judgement, even the Throne of the House of David,
11. O pray for the Peace of Jerusalem; they shall prof. per that love thee: Peace be within thy Walls, and Prof perity within thy Palaces.
12. For my Brethren and Companions' fake, I will now say, Peace be within thee: yea, because of the House of the Lord our God, I will seek to do thee good.
13. Her FOUNDATIONS are upon the holy Hills, the Lord loveth the Gates of Sion more than all the Dwellings cf Jacob. (P). lxxxvii.)