« НазадПродовжити »
in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Eastern District of
25. Labor-power the most perishable of all commodities. Perishes, unless the
demand follows instantly upon its production ..........
26. Waste of labor one of the conditions of early society and scattered popula-
tion. Errors of Mr. Malthus and his disciples.
27. Wages and productive power of England, at various periods
28. Wages and production of the people of Scotland, of the past and present, 37
89. The more continuous and steady the societary motion, the more instant
the demand for, and the economy of, labor. That continuity the test of real
civilization. Diversity of employments indispensable to its existence. Waste
of power in, and consequent poverty of, all purely agricultural countries ..... 38
10. Continuity in the demand for labor, with growing commerce, to be found
in those countries in which raw materials and finished commodities most ap-
proximate in prices
$ 12. Errors of modern economists in regard to productive and unproductive
labor. All labor productive which tends to enable man more thoroughly to
among men ...........
portion, with large increase in its amount -- both thus profiting by increase