« НазадПродовжити »
what part of these specifications their bid
nish an approved bond within —— days after or.
• * * *
COVerS. . .
fications shall be attached to each bid sub
The right is reserved to reject any or all bids. No bid will be considered unless accompanied by a certified check in the sum of —, " . payable to , said check to be forfeited | if the successful bidder shall fail to deposit :-" * with — within +– days after the accept- .* ance of his bid the bond required under these specifications. The checks of unsuccessful - bidders will be returned to them within — “” [. days from date of opening bids.
Successful bidders will be required to fur- £2a-J.
- - - - - T. the acceptance of their bid in the sum of .*.*.
— to faithfully commence, carry on, and co-o-o: complete their work in every respect accord-?!?...e., ing to the true spirit and intent of these speci-** *l of 725
The word “contractor” as herein used refers to the party or parties whose bid or bids for | the whole or any part of the work contemplated under these specifications have been accepted.
Contractors under these specifications shall 6. Commence. commence work on dates to be assigned, cool notice to be given of such dates not less than Work. —— days in advance. All work shall proceed as rapidly as is consistent with thoroughness and good workmanship, and shall be completed in the following times: Installation of dynamos and apparatus within — days after assigned date of commencement. Installation of wiring and wiring devices within —— days after assigned date of commencement.
Erection of pole line and wire within — days after assigned date of commencement.
Installation of fixtures and dependent work within — days after assigned date of commencement.
Installation of steam plant complete within — days after assigned date of commencement.
But delays due to strikes, riots, or accidents beyond the control of contractors shall be added to the time stipulated above for the completion of the work, provided application is made in writing by the contractor at the time such delay occurs, giving its nature and extent, such application to be subject to the approval of
- -2' - o If any contractor shall fail to complete his 7. Damages. work in the time stipulated above, including time lost through unavoidable delays if such
8. Duties of Each contractor shall personally or through “"“” an authorized and competent representative constantly supervise the work from its beginning to its completion and acceptance. * * 2 He shall furnish all transportation, labor, or “o so and materials necessary for pero' ' || 3 | forming his work according to the true spirit \ and intent of these specifications (and plans). – , . He shall obtain all necessary permits and & | Los licenses for temporary obstructions, etc. He shall at all times, until its completion and final acceptance, protect his work, apparatus and materials from accidental damage by other contractors or otherwise, making good any damage thus occurring at his own expense; also making good any injury done the building in the performance of his work. He shall be responsible for all accidents resulting through his work. (The purchaser) agrees to afford the contractor all possible facilities to enable the work to proceed without interruption from beginning to end, and to make good any loss which the contractor suffers in consequence of delay on the part of said (purchaser).
• All work contemplated under these specifi-
Additional work will be allowed only on the written order of (the purchaser).
Specified work shall be omitted or changed
only by written agreement between the con-
the order or agreement.
The contractor shall make good for a period Of days after the final acceptance of the work all defects which develop on account of
defective work or material.
All patented apparatus and material must be furnished by the contractor under guarantee, against loss through suits, royalties, or claims of any kind whatsoever, and that any loss or damage to (purchaser) through such suits or claims will be made good by said contractor.
> | | Every bidder is expected to include in his
proposal not only everything called for in
14. Safeguards and Débris.
these specifications, but also any special devices or methods peculiar to his system which will add to the safety, completeness, or efficiency of the plant, stating clearly the advantages to be derived from their use.
Contractors must provide all necessary safeguards from accidents to persons or property; must keep all passages, entrances, sidewalks, etc., free from débris and incumbrances; and on the completion of the work must remove from the premises all surplus material of
every kind and description.
All plans and detailed drawings necessary to show the scope and character of the work contemplated under these specifications will
- nori be furnished by the | . ! as required.
Figured dimensions and detailed drawings
! and in case any doubt arises as
(Note.—The character and extent of the tests, especially the final tests, must be deter