« НазадПродовжити »
46. Q.-What is meant by the last paragraph of Rule 4?
47. Q.—May more than two times be given for a train at any station ?
48. Q.-When only one time is given what is it if not otherwise indicated ?
49. Q.-Where does the time apply?
50. Q.-How are schedule meeting and passing stations indicated ?
51. Q.-When the schedule arriving and leaving time are shown and both are meeting or passing times, how is the fact indicated ?
52. Q.—When trains meet at a siding which extends between two adjoining stations how will the fact be indicated ?
53. Q.—What is the sign for a regular stop?
54. Q.—What is the sign for a flag stop? For meal stop?
55. Q.—What indicates leave and what indicates arrive?
56. V. -What employees are required to provide themselves with proper appliances for giving signals ?
57. Q.-Must such appliances be kept in good order?
58. Q.—What must be used by day? 59. Q.-What must be used at night ? 60. Q.-When will night signals be displayed ?
61. Q.—When the weather or other conditions obscure day signals, what must be done?
62. Q.-What color is used for stop?
64. Q.-What color is used for proceed with caution?
65. Q.-What is green and white used for ? 66. Q.—What is blue used for?
Hand, Flag, and Lamp Signals
67. Q.-How is a stop signal given ?
70. Q.-What is a signal that the train has parted ?
71. Q.—What is the signal to apply air brakes?
72. Q.-When any object is waved violently by anyone on or near the track what should be done?
73. Q.-How is the signal given by the steam whistle to indicate stop?
74. Q.-Release brakes?
75. Q.-Flagman, to go back and protect rear of train ?
76. Q.-Flagman return from west or south ? 77. Q.-Flagman return from east or north ?
78. Q.-How is the train parted signal given ?
79. .-How is any signal not otherwise provided for answered ?
80. Q.-What is the signal to back ? 81. Q.—What is the call for signals ?
82. Q.-What signal is given to call attention of yard engines, extra trains, or trains of the same or inferior class or inferior right to signals displayed for a following section?
83. Q.-What signal is given when approaching public crossings at grade?
84. Q.-What signal is given when approach
ing stations, junctions, and railroad crossings at grade?
85. Q.—What signal is an alarm for persons or cattle on the track ?
86. Q.-What does the explosion of one torpedo mean?
87. Q.-What does the explosion of two torpedoes mean?
Communicating Signals 88. g.–What does two sounds indicate when standing?
89. g.–When running?
90. Q.-What does three sounds indicate when running?
91. Q.—When standing ?
92. Q.—What does four sounds indicate when running ?
93. Q.—When standing ?
94. Q.—What does five sounds indicate when running?
95. Q.-When standing?
96. Q.—What must be displayed to the front of every train by night?
97. g.–When must the headlight be concealed ?
98. Q.-What will yard engines display by night? 99. Q.-Will yard engines display markers ? 100. Q.-What are markers ? 101. Q.-Where are they displayed ?
102. Q.-How are markers changed when a train goes on the siding and is clear of the main track?
103. Q.—What signals will sections display on the front of the engine ?
104. Q.-Will the last section display signals ?
105. Q.—What signals will extra trains display by day and also by night ?
106. Q.-When two or more engines are coupled together will all of them display signals for following sections ?
107. Q.-When two or more engines are coupled on an extra will all of the engines display the white signals ?