« НазадПродовжити »
CLARK (SIR JAMES) On the Sanative Influence of Climate, with an
Account of the Best Places for Invalids in the South of Europe, &c. Fourth
Edition. Post 8vo. 108. 6d. CLAUSEWITZ'S (GENERAL CARL Von) Campaign of 1812, in
Russia. Translated from the German. With a Map. 8vo. 108. 6d. CLIVE'S (LORD) Life. By Rev. G. R. GLEIG, M.A. Post 8vo. 58. COLERIDGE'S (SAMUEL TAYLOR) Table-Talk. Fourth Edition. Portrait. Fcap. 8vo. 68.
- (Henry NELSON) Introductions to the Study of the Greek Classic Poets. Third Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 58.6d. COLONIAL LIBRARY. [See Home and Colonial Library.] COMBER'S (Dean) Friendly and Seasonable Advice to the
Roman Catholics of England. Edited, with a Preface and Notes, by Rev.
Dr. Hook. Fcap. 8vo. 38. CONDÉ'S (Louis PRINCE) Life, surnamed the Great By LORD
Manon. Post 8vo. 58. CRABBE’S (Rev. GEORGE) Life and Letters. By his Son. Portrait.
Fcap. 8vo. 38.
--- Life and Poetical Works. Collected and Arranged, with Notes and Illustrations. Library Edition. Plates. 8 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 248.
------- Complete in One Volume. New Edition. Portrait and Vignette. Royal 8vo. 108. 6d. CROKER'S (Right Hon. J. W.) Progressive Geography for Children.
Fourth Edition. 18mo. 18. 6d.
- Stories for Children Selected from the History of England. Fourteenth Edition. Woodcuts. 16mo. 58.
- Boswell's Life of Johnson. Including the Tour to the Hebrides, with Notes by Sir W. Scott. A New and Cheaper Edition, Revised (1848), with much additional Matter. Complete in One Volume. Portraits. Royal 8vo. 158.
Memoirs of the Reign of George the Second, from his accession to the death of Queen Caroline. By John LORD HERVEY.
Portrait. 2 Vols. 8vo. 368. CROMWELL (OLIVER) and John Bunyan. Select Biographies.
By ROBERT SOUTHEY. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
Interior of South Africa. With Anecdotes of the Chase in hunting the
2 Vols. Post 8vo. 248. COOKERY (MODERN DOMESTIC). Founded on Principles of Economy
and Practical Knowledge, and adapted for Private Families. A New
Edition. By A Lady. Woodcuts. Fcap 8vo. 68. CURZON'S (Hon. ROBERT) Visits to the Monasteries of the Levant.
Fourth Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 158. CUNNINGHAM’S (ALLAN) Life of Sir David Wilkie. With his
Journals, Tours, and Critical Remarks on Works of Art, and a Selection from his Correspondence. Portrait. 3 Vols. 8vo. 428.
CUNNINGHAM'S (ALLAN) Poems and Songs. Now first collected
and arranged, with an Introduction and Biographical Notice of the Author, by PETER CUNNINGHAM. 24mo. 28. 6d.
- (CAPT. J. D.) History of the Sikhs. From the Origin of the Nation to the Battle of the Sutlej. Second Edition. With Memoir of the Author. Maps. 8vo. 158.
- (PETER) London-Past and Present. A Handbook to the Antiquities, Curiosities, Churches, Works of Art, Public Buildings, and Places connected with interesting and historical associations. Second Edition. Post Svo. 16s.
Modern London. A complete Guide for Visitors to the Metropolis. Map. 16mo. 58.
- Environs of London. Including a circle of 30 miles round St. Paul's. With Hints for Excursions by Rail,-Road, and River. Post 8vo. In the Press.
- Westminster Abbey. Its Art, Architecture, and Associations. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 1s. DARWIN'S (CHARLES) Journal of Researches into the Natural
History and Geology of the Countries visited during a Voyage round the
World. Post 8vo. 88. 6d. DATES AND DISTANCES; Showing what may be done in a
Tour of Sixteen Months upon the Continent of Europe. Post Svo, 8s. 6d. DAVY'S (SIR HUMPHRY) Consolations in Travel; or, Last Days
of a Philosopher. Fifth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 68.
- Salmonia; or, Days of Fly Fishing. With some Account of the Habits of Fishes belonging to the genus Salmo. Fourth Edition.
Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 68. DENNIS (GEORGE) Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria ; or, the
extant Local Remains of Etruscan Art. Plates. 2 Vols. 8vo. 428. DEVEREUX'S (Hon. CAPT., R.N.) Lives of the three Devereux,
Earls of Essex, from 1540 to 1646. 1. The Earl Marshal of Ireland. 2. The Favourite. 3. The General of the Parliament. Founded upon
letters and documents chiefly unpublished. 2 Vols. 8vo. In the Press. DE VERE'S (AUBREY) English Misrule and Irish Misdeeds.
Four Letters from Ireland, addressed to an English M.P. Second Edition.
Post 8vo. 78. 60. DODGSON'S (REV. C.) Controversy of Faith; or, Advice to Candi
dates for Holy Orders. Containing an Analysis and Exposition of the Argument by which the Catholic Interpretation of the Baptismal Services
is to be vindicated. 12mo. 3s, DOG-BREAKING ; the Most Expeditious, Certain, and Easy
Method, whether great excellence or only mediocrity be required. By
LIEUT.-COL. HUTCHINSON. Second Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 7s. 6d. DOMESTIC MODERN COOKERY. Founded on Principles of
Economy and Practical Knowledge, and adapted for Private Families.
A New Edition. BY A LADY. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 6s. DOUGLAS'S (GENERAL SIR HOWARD) Treatise on Improved
Gunnery: with Descriptions of the New Guns introduced since the War.
DRAKE'S (SIR FRANCIS) Life, Voyages, and Exploits, by Sea and
Land. By John BARROW. Third Edition. Post 8vo. 28. 6d. DRINKWATER'S (John) History of the Siege of Gibraltar.
1779-1783. With a Description and Account of that Garrison from the
Earliest Periods. Post 8vo. 28. 6d. DRUMMOND'S (HENRY) Abstract Principles of Revealed Religion.
Post Svo. 98. 6d. DUDLEY'S (EARL OF) Letters to the late Bishop of Llandaff.
Second Edition. Portrait, 8vo. 108. 6d. DURHAM'S (ADMIRAL Sir PHILIP) Naval Life and Services. By
his Nephew, CAPT. ALEXANDER MURRAY. 8vo. 58. 6d. DYER'S (Thomas H.) Life and Letters of John Calvin. Compiled
from authentic Sources. Portrait. 8vo. 158. EASTLAKE (SIR CHARLES, P.R.A.) The Schools of Painting in Italy.
From the earliest Times. From the German of KUGLER. Edited, with
- Contributions to the Literature of the Fine Arts. 8vo. 12s. EDWARDS' (W. H.) Voyage up the River Amazon, Including a
Visit to Para. Post 8vo. 28. 6d. EGERTON'S (CAPTAIN FRANCIS) Winter's Tour in India ; with a
Visit to Nepaul. Woodcuts. 2 Vols. Post Svo. ELDON'S (LORD CHANCELLOR) Public and Private Life, with Selec
tions from his Correspondence and Diaries. By HORACE Twiss. Third
Edition. Portrait. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 218. ELLESMERE'S (LORD) Two Sieges of Vienna by the Turks. Translated from the German. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
-- Military Events in Italy, 1848-9. Translated from the German. With a Map. Post 8vo. 9s.
- Second Campaign of Radetzky in Piedmont. The Defence of Temeswar and the Camp of the Ban. From the German.
Post Svo. 68. 6d. ELPHINSTONE'S (Hon. MOUNTSTUART) History of India—the
Hindoo and Mahommedan Periods. Third Edition. Map. 8vo. 18s. ENGLAND (HISTORY OF) From the Peace of Utrecht to the First
Years of the American War, 1763–80. By LORD MAHON. Second
Under the House of Lancaster. With an
From the First Invasion by the Romans, down to the 14th year of Queen Victoria's Reign. By MRS. MAKKHAM. New Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 78. 6d.
- AS IT IS : Social, Political, and Industrial, in the
Middle of the 19th Century. By W. Johnston. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 188. ESKIMAUX (THE) and English Vocabulary, for the use of Travellers
in the Arctic Regions. 16mo. 3s. 6d.
ESSAYS FROM “THE TIMES.” Being a Selection from the
LITERARY PAPERS which have appeared in that JOURNAL. Reprinted by
permission. New Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 4s. ESSEX (THE EARLS OF) Lives of; 1540-1646. 1. The Earl
Marshal of Ireland. 2. The Favourite. 3. The General of the Parliament. Founded upon Letters and Documents chiefly unpublished.
By Hon. Capt. DEVEREUX, R.N. 2 Vols. 8vo. In the Press. EXETER'S (BISHOP OF) Letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury on
the Gorham Case. 20th Edition. 8vo. 38. 6d.
-- Pastoral Letter to his Clergy on the Present State of the Church (1851). Eighth Edition. 8vo. 4s.
- Acts of the Diocesan Synod, held in the Cathedral Church of Exeter. By the BISHOP OF EXETER, on June 25th, 26th, and 27th, 1851. Third Edition. 8vo. 2s.6d.
Letters to the late Charles Butler, on the Theological parts of his Book of the Roman Catholic Church; with Remarks on certain Works of Dr. Milner and Dr. Lingard, and on some parts of the Evidence of Dr. Doyle. Second Edition. 8vo.' 16s.
Sermons. Preached during the Visitation of the Bishop
of Exeter in 1845. Published by Request. 12mo. 6s. FAIRY RING (THE), A Collection of Tales and STORIES for Young
Persons. From the German of Grimm, now first rendered into English.
F cap. 8vo. 7s.6d.
Treatise on the Nature and Value of Manures. Second Edition, with a
Glossary of Terms and an Index. Fcap. 8vo. 58. FAMILY RECEIPT-BOOK. A Collection of a Thousand Valuable
and Useful Receipts. Fcap. 8vo. 58. 6d. FARADAY'S (MICHAEL) Chemical Manipulation; Being Instruc
tions to Students in Chemistry, on the Methods of performing Experiments of Demonstration or Research, with Accuracy and Success. Third
Edition. Svo. 188. FARINI'S (LUIGI CARLO) History of the Roman State, 1815–50.
Translated from the Italian. By Right Hon. W. E. GLADSTONE.
3 Vols. Svo. 36s. FEATHERSTONHAUGH'S (G. W.) Tour through the Slave States
of North America, from the river Potomac, to Texas and the Frontiers of
Mexico. Plates. 2 Vols. Svo. 268. FELLOWS' (SIR CHARLES) Excursion in Asia Minor, and Dis
coveries in Lycia. During two Visits to those Countries. With numerous Plates. 2 vols. Imperial 8vo. Also a Popular Edition. Post 8vo.
- Xanthian Marbles now in the British Museum ; their Acquisition and Transmission to England. Plates. 8vo. 58.
--- Account of the Ionic Trophy Monument excavated at
Xanthus. Imperial 8vo. 58. FERGUSON'S (ROBERT, M.D.) Essays on the Diseases of Women.
Part I. Puerperal Fever. Post 8vo. 9s. 6d.
FERGUSSON'S (JAMES) Palaces of Nineveh and Persepolis
Restored : an Essay on Ancient Assyrian and Persian Architecture.
- Illustrated Handbook of Architecture. Being a Concise and Popular Account of the Different Styles prevailing in all Ages and Countries in the World. With a Description of the most
remarkable Buildings. With Ilustrations. Svo. In the Press. FEUERBACH'S Remarkable German Crimes and Trials. Trans
lated from the German by Lady DUFF GORDOX. 8vo. 12s. FISHER'S (Rev. GEORGE) Elements of Geometry, for the Use of
Schools. Third Edition. 18mo. 38. (Published by order of the Admiralty. - First Principles of Algebra, for the Use of Schools.
Third Edition. 18mo. 38.
Critical Examination of the Meaning and Etymology of numerous Greek
- Translation of Buttman's Catalogue of Irregular Greek Verbs; with all the Tenses extant-their Formation, Meaning, and Usage. With Explanatory Notes, and accompanied by an Index.
Second Edition. 8vo. 78. 61. FLOWER GARDEN (THE). An Essay reprinted from the
" Quarterly Review." Fcap. 8vo. 18. FORD'S (RICHARD) Handbook for Spain, Andalusia, Ronda, Valen
cia, Catalonia, Granada, Gallicia, Ārragon, Navarre, &c. Post 8vo. 168. ---
- Gatherings from Spain. Post 8vo. 68. FORSYTH'S (WILLIAM) Hortensius, or the Advocate : an Historical
Essay on the Office and Duties of an Advocate. Post Svo. 12s. FORTUNE'S (ROBERT) Three Years' Wanderings in the Northern
Provinces of China. With a Visit to the Tea and Cotton Countries.
- Journey to Sung-Lo-Shan and the Bohea Mountains ; with some Account of the British Tea Plantations in the North-west
Provinces of India. Woodcuts. Svo. FRANCE (HISTORY OF). From the Conquest by the Gauls to the Death
of Louis Philippe. By Mrs. MARKHAM. New Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo.78.6d. FRENCH (THE) in Algiers; The Soldier of the Foreign Legion
and the Prisoners of Abdel-Kadir. Translated by Lady DUFF GORDON.
Post Svo. 28. 6d. GEOGRAPHICAL (THE) Journal. Published (occasionally) by the
Royal Geographical Society of London. 8vo. GERMANY (HISTORY OF). From the Invasion by Marius, to the
Battle of Leipsic. By Mrs. MARKHAM. Woodcuts. 12mo. 78. 6d. GIBBON'S (EDWARD) Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
Edited with Notes. By the DEAN OF St. Paul's and M. Guizot.
– Life and Correspondence. Edited, with Notes, by the
DEAN OF St. Paul's. Portrait. Svo. 98. GIFFARD'S (EDWARD) Short Visit to the Ionian Islands, Athens,
and the Morea, Plates. Post 8vo. 12s.
- Deeds of Naval Daring; or, Anecdotes of the British Navy. Fcap. 8vo. 2s.6d.