« НазадПродовжити »
ADMIRALTY PUBLICATIONS--continued. 23. MASKELYNE'S ACCOUNT OF THE GOING OF HARRISON'S
WATCH. 1767. 4to. 2s.6d. 24. MAYER'S THEORIA · LUNA JUXTA SYSTEMA NEWTONI
ANUM. 4to. 2s.6d.
- TABULÆ MOTUUM SOLIS ET LUNÆ. 1770. 4to. 58.
- ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS MADE AT GOT
TINGEN, from 1756 to 1761. 1826. Folio. 78. 6d.
- SELECTIONS FROM THE ADDITIONS, up to 1812. 8vo. 58.—1834-54. 8vo. 58.
- SUPPLEMENTS, 1828 to 1833, 1837 and 1838. 8vo. 2s. each.
TABLES requisite to be used with the N. A. 1766. 8vo. 2s. 60.
Second Edition, enlarged. 1781. 8vo. 58.
- Third Edition, corrected. 1802. Svo. 58. 33. POND'S ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS. 1811 to 1835. 4to. 218.
each. 34. RAMSDEN'S ENGINE for DIVIDING MATHEMATICAL INSTRUMENTS. 4to. 58.
- ENGINE for Dividing STRAIGHT LINES. 4to. 58. 36. SABINE'S PENDULUM EXPERIMENTS to DETERMINE THE FIGURE
of the EARTH. 1825. 4to. 40s. 37. SHEPHERD'S TABLES for CORRECTING LUNAR. DISTANCES. 1772. Royal 4to. 218.
- TABLES, GENERAL, of the MOON'S DISTANCE from the SUN, and 10 STARS. 1787. Folio. 58. 60. 39. TAYLOR'S SEXAGESIMAL TABLE. 1780. 4to. 158. 40.
- TABLES of LOGARITHMS. 4to. 31. 41. TIARK'S ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS for the LONGITUDE
of MADEIRA. 1822. 4to. 58. 42.
CHRONOMETRICAL OBSERVATIONS for DIFFERENCES of LONGITUDE between DOVER, PORTSMOUTH, and FALMOUTH. 1823.
4to. 58. 43. VENUS and JUPITER : OBSERVATIO
pared with the TABLES. London, 1822. 4to. 2s. 44. WALES and BAYLY'S ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS.
1777. 4to. 21s. 45. WALES REDUCTION of ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS
MADE IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE. 1764-1771. 1788. 4to.
10s. 60. AUSTIN'S (Mrs.) Fragments from German Prose Writers. Trans
lated, with Biographical Notes. Post 8vo. 10s.
- Translation of Ranke's Political and Ecclesiastical
History of the Popes of Rome. Third Edition. 2 Vols. 8vo. 24s. BABBAGE'S (CHARLES) Economy of Machinery and Manufactures.
Fourth Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 68.
- Table of the Logarithms of the Natural Numbers from 1 to 108000. Fourth Edition. Royal 8vo. 68
Ninth Bridgewater Treatise. Second Edition. 8vo. 9s. 6d.
- Reflections on the Decline of Science in England, and on some of its Causes. 4to. 158.
— Exposition of 1851 ; or, Views of the Industry, the Science, and the Government of England. Second Edition. 8vo. 7s.6d.
BARROW'S (Sir John) Autobiographical Memoir, including
Reflections, Observations, and Reminiscences at Home and Abroad.
- Voyages of Discovery and Research within the Arctic Regions, from the earliest periods to the present time. Under the Command of the several Naval Officers, employed by Sea and Land, in search of a North-west Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific : with Two Attempts to reach the North Pole. Abridged and arranged from the Official Narratives, with Occasional Remarks. Maps. 2 Vols. 8vo. Vol. 1, 128. Vol. 2, 158.
- (John) Memoirs of the Naval Worthies of Queen Elizabeth's Reign, their Gallant Deeds, Daring Adventures and Services in the infant state of the British Navy, with brief Biographical Notices of the respective Commanders. 8vo. 148.
- Life and Voyages of Sir Francis Drake. With numerous Original Letters from him and the Lord High Admiral to the Queen,
and great Officers of State. Post 8vo. 28. 6d. -------- Tour in Austrian Lombardy, the Northern Tyrol,
and Bavaria. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 108. 6d. BASSOMPIERRE'S Memoirs of his Embassy to the Court of
England in 1626. Translated with Notes. 8vo. 98.6d. BEES AND FLOWERS. Two Essays reprinted from the “Quarterly
Review.” Fcap. 8vo. 18. each. BELISARIUS (LIFE OF). By LORD Manon. Second Edition.
Post 8vo. 108. 6d. BELL (SIR CHARLES) on the Anatomy and Philosophy of Expression
as connected with the Fine Arts. Fourth Edition. Plates. Impl. 8vo. 218. On The Mechanism and Vital Endowments of the Hand as
evincing Design. Fifth Edition. Portrait and Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 78. 6d. BENEDICT'S (JULES) Sketch of the Life and Works of Felix
Mendelssohn Bartholdy. 8vo. 28. 6d.
Containing a Variety of Interesting and Instructive Information, adapted
By Author of " BERTHA'S JOURNAL." 2 Vols. 12mo. 188.
Part I. Poems of Esaias Tegner. Part II. Schiller's Maid of Orleans.
Crown 8vo. 128. BIRCH'S (SAMUEL) History of Ancient Pottery: Egyptian, Asiatic,
Greek, Roman, Etruscan, and Celtic. With Illustrations. 8vo. (Nearly
Ready.) BIRTS (W. R.) Hurricane Guide. Being an Attempt to connect
the Rotatory Gale, or Revolving Storm, with Atmospheric Waves. Including Instructions for observing the Phenomena of the Waves and Storms; with Practical Directions for avoiding the Centres of the latter.
With Circles on Cards. Post 8vo. 38. BIOSCOPE (The); or, the Dial of Life explained. To which is BLUNT'S (REV. J. J.) Undesigned Coincidences in the Writings
added a Translation of St. Paulinus' Epistle to Celantia on the Rule of Christian Life and an Elementary View of general Chronology. By GRANVILLE Penn. Second Edition. With Plate. 12mo. 12s.
of the old and New Testament, an Argument of their Veracity : with
for 1832. Post Svo. 6s. 6d. BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER. Illuminated with 1000 Illus.
trations of Borders, Initials, and Vignettes. Medium Svo. 21s. cloth,
31s. 6d. calf, or 428. morocco. BORROW'S (GEORGE) Lavengro; The Scholar-Gipsy—and Priest.
With Portrait. 3 Vols. Post 8vo. 308.
- Bible in Spain; Or the Journeys, Adventures, and Imprisonments of an Englishman in an Attempt to circulate the Scriptures in the Peninsula. 3 Vols. Post 8vo. 278., or Cheap Edition, 16mo, 58.
- Zincali, or the Gipsies of Spain; their Manners, Customs, Religion, and Language. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 18s., or Cheap
Edition, 16mo, 58. BOSWELL'S (JAMES) Life of Dr. Samuel Johnson. Including the
Tour to the Hebrides, with Notes by Sir W. SCOTT. Edited by the Right Hon. JOHN WILSON CROKER. A New and Cheaper Edition, thoroughly revised (1848), with much alditional Matter. With Portraits. Complete in one Volume Royal 8vo. 158.
*** Be particular in ordering CROKER'S BOSWELL, in ONE VOLUME. BRAY'S (Mrs.) Life of Thomas Stothard, R.A. With Personal
Reminiscences. Illustrated with Portrait and 60 Woodcuts of his
chief works. 4to. 218. BREWSTER'S (SIR David Martyrs of Science, or the Lives of
Galileo, Tycho Brahe, and Kepler. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 4s. 6d. BRITISH ASSOCIATION REPORTS. Held at York and Oxford
1831-32, 13s. 6d. Cambridge, 1833, 12s. Edinburgh, 1834, 158. Dublin, 1835, 138. 6d. Bristol, 1836, 12s. Liverpool, 1837, 16s. 60. Newcastle, 1838, 158. Birmingham, 1839, 138. 6d. Glasgow, 1840, 158. Plymouth, 1841, 138. 6d. Manchester, 1842, 108. 6d. Cork, 1843, 12s. York, 1844, 20s. Cambridge, 1845, 12s. Southampton, 1846, 158. Oxford, 1847, 18s.
Swansea, 1848, 9s. Birmingham, 1849, 10s. Edinburgh, 1850, 158. 8vo. BROGDEN'S (Rev. Jas.) Illustrations of the Liturgy and Ritual
of the United Church of England and Ireland. Being Sermons and Discourses Selected from the Works of eminent Divines of the 17th Century. 3 Vols. Post 8vo. 278.
– Catholic Safeguards against the Errors, Corruptions, and Novelties of the Church of Rome. Being Sermons and Tracts selected from the Works of eminent Divines of the 17th Century. Second Edition. With Preface and Index. 3 Vols. Svo. 36s. ** The Second and Third Volume may be had separately, 14s. each.
— Records of the Supremacy of the Crown, and of the Civic and Religious Liberties of the People of England. Svo.
BROOKE'S (SIR JAMES) Journals of Events in Borneo, including
the Occupation of Labuan, and a Visit to the Celebes. Together with the Expedition of H.M.S. Iris. By CAPT. RODNEY MUNDY, R.N.
Plates.2 Vols. 8vo. 328. BUBBLES FROM THE BRUNNEN OF NASSAU. By an OLD
Man. Sixth Edition. 16mo. 58. BUNBURY'S (C.J. F.) Journal of a Residence at the Cape of Good
Hope; with Excursions into the Interior, and Notes on the Natural
History and Native Tribes of the Country. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 98. BUNYAN (John) and Oliver Cromwell. Select Biographies. By
ROBERT SOUTHEY. Post 8vo. 28. 6d. BURGHERSH'S (LORD) Memoir of the Operations of the Allied
Armies under Prince Schwarzenberg and Marshal Blucher during the latter end of 1813-14. 8vo. 218.
- Early Campaigns of the Duke of Wellington in Portugal and Spain. 8vo. 88. 6d. BURN'S (Col.) Naval and Military Technological Dictionary of the
French Language. English and French-French and English. For
the Use of Soldiers, Sailors, and Engineers. Crown 8vo. BURNES' (SIR ALEXANDER) Journey to and Residence in the City
of Cabool. Second Edition. Plates. 8vo. 188. BURNS (ROBERT), Life. BY JOHN GIBSON LOCKHART. Fifth
Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 38. BURR'S (G. D.) Instructions in Practical Surveying, Topogra
phical Plan-drawing, and on sketching ground without Instruments.
Second Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 78. 6d. BUXTON'S (SIR FOWELL) Memoirs. With Selections from his
Correspondence. By his Son. Fourth Edition. Portrait. 8vo, 16s.; or
Cheap Edition, 16mo, 88. 6d. BYRON'S (LORD) Life and Letters. By THOMAS MOORE. Collected
and Arranged, with Notes and Illustrations. Library Edition. Plates. 6 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 188.
-- Complete in One Volume. New Edition. Portraits. Royal 8vo. 128.
- Poetical Works. Collected and Arranged, with Notes and Illustrations. Library Edition. Plates. 10 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 30s.
---- Complete in One Volume. New Edition. Portrait. Royal 8vo. 12s.
- Poetical Works. New Edition. 8 Vols. 16mo. 208., or separately, at 28. 6d. each. (Nearly Ready.) Vol. 1.-Childe Harold.
Vol. 5.—Miscellanies, Vol. 1. Vol. 2.- Tales and Poems.
Vol. 6.-Miscellanies, Vol. 2. Vol. 3.- Dramas, Vol. 1.
Vol. 7.--Don Juan, Vol. 1. Vol. 4.-Dramas, Vol. 2.
Vol. 8.-Don Juan, Vol. 2. - Childe Harold. Illustrated with Vignettes. A New Edition. Crown 8vo. In the Press.
BUTTMAN'S LEXILOGUS; or, a Critical Examination of the
Meaning and Etymology of numerous Greek Words and Passages,
---- Catalogue of Irregular Greek Verbs; With all the Tenses extant—their Formation, Meaning, and Usage, accompanied by an Index. Translated, with Notes, by Rev. J. R. FISHLAKE. Second
Edition. 8vo. 7s. 60. CALVIN'S (John) Life. With Extracts from his Correspondence.
By Thomas H. DYER. Portrait. 8vo. 158. CALLCOTT'S (LADY) Little Arthur's History of England. Fifteenth.
Edition. Woodcuts. 18mo. 28. 6d. CAMPBELL'S (LORD) Lives of the Lord Chancellors and Keepers
of the Great Seal of England. From the Earliest Times to the death of
The Work may also be had as follows.
Thurlow in 1806.
Lives of the Chief Justices of England. From the
- (GEORGE.) Modern India. A Sketch of the System of Civil Government. With some Account of the Natives and Native Institutions. 8vo. 16s.
- (Thos.) Specimens of the British Poets. With Biographical and Critical Notices, and an Essay on English Poetry. Th Edition. Revised by PETER CUNNINGHAM. Portrait and Vignette. Royal 8vo. 158.
-- Short Lives of the British Poets. With an Essay
on English Poetry. Post 8vo. 6s. CARÈME'S FRENCH COOKERY. Translated by W. HALL.
Second Edition. Plates. 8vo. 158. CARMICHAEL'S (A. N.) Greek Verbs. Their Formations,
Irregularities, and Defects. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 8s. 6d. CARNARVON'S (LORD) Portugal, Gallicia, and the Basque
Provinces. From Notes made during a Journey to those Countries.
Third Edition. Post Svo. 6s. CATHCART'S (MAJOR GENERAL) Commentaries on the War
in Russia and Germany, 1812-13. With 28 Diagrams and Plans.
8vo. 148. CHARMED ROE (THE); or, The Story of the Little Brother and
Sister. With Illustrations. By OTTO SPECKTER. 16mo. 58. CLARENDON GALLERY (THE); or, Lives of the Friends and
Contemporaries of the Lord Chancellor Clarendon, illustrative of Por-