« НазадПродовжити »
GILLY'S (Rev. Dr.) Romaunt Version of the Gospel of St. John,
originally in use among the old Waldenses. Edited from the MSS.,
with Notes. 8vo. 58. 6d. GLADSTONE'S (Right Hon. W. E.) Prayers arranged from the
Liturgy for Family Use. Second Edition. 12mo. 2s. 6d.
- Translation of Farini's History of the Roman State, 1815—1850. 3 Vols. 8vo. 368. GLEIG'S (Rev. G. R.) Campaigns of the British Army at Washing
ton and New Orleans. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
- Narrative of Sir Robert Sale's Brigade in Afghanistan,
8vo. 58. GODLEY'S (JOHN ROBERT) Letters from America. 2 Vols. Post
8vo. 16s. GOLDSMITH (OLIVER); a Biography. By Washington Irving.
Post 8vo. 58. GOOCH (ROBERT, M.D.), On the most Important Diseases peculiar to
Women. Second Edition. 8vo. 128. GORDON'S (SIR ALEX. DUFF) Sketches of German Life, and Scenes
from the War of Liberation. Translated from the German of Varnhagen Von Ense. Post 8vo. 58.
- (LADY DUFF), Amber-Witch : the most interesting Trial for Witchcraft ever known. Translated from the German of MEINHOLD. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
- French in Algiers. 1. The Soldier of the Foreign Legion. 2. The Prisoners of Abd-el-Kadir. Translated from the French. Post 8vo. 28. 6d.
- Remarkable German Crimes and Trials. Translated
from the German of Feuerbach. 8vo. 12s.. GOSPEL STORIES FOR CHILDREN. An Attempt to render the
Chief Events of the Life of Our Saviour intelligible and profitable.
Second Edition. 18mo. 38. 60.. GRANT'S (ASAHEL), Nestorians, or the Lost Tribes ; containing
Evidence of their Identity, their Manners, Customs, and Ceremonies; with Sketches of Travel in Ancient Assyria, Armenia, and Mesopotamia;
and Illustrations of Scripture Prophecy. Third Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 6s. GRENVILLE PAPERS (THE); being the Private Correspondence
of Richard Grenville. Earl Temple, and his Brother. George Gr
Vols. 1 & 2. 8vo. 323. (To be completed in 4 Vols.)
By the BISHOP OF LONDON. Seventh Edition, revised by Rev.J. EDWARDS.
GROTE'S (GEORGE) History of Greece. From the Earliest Period
to the Accession of Philip of Macedon (B.C. 403-359). Maps. Vols. I.
Peisistratus at Athens.
Grecian Colonies. View of the Contemporary Nations surrounding
Battle of Marathon.
between the Persian and the Peloponnesian Wars. Peloponnesian
War down to the Expedition of the Athenians against Syracuse. Vols. VII-VIII.-The Peace of Nikias down to the Battle of Knidus
(B.C. 421 to 894). Socrates and the Sophists. VOLS. IX.-X. From the Restoration of the Democracy at Athens down
to the Accession of Philip of Macedon (B.C. 403--359). GUIZOT (M.), On the Causes of the Success of the English Revo
lution of 1640-1688. 8vo. 68.; or Cheap Edition, 12mo, 18.
- Democracy in France. Sixth Edition. 8vo. 38. 6d. GURWOOD'S (Col.) Despatches of the Duke of Wellington during
his various Campaigns in India, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, the Low Countries, and France. Compiled from Official and other Authentic Documents. A New and Enlarged Edition. 8 Vols. 8vo. 218. each.
-- Selections from the Wellington Despatches and General Orders. New and Cheaper Edition. 1 Vol. 8vo. 183. GUSTAVUS VASA (History of), King of Sweden. With Extracts
from his Correspondence. Portrait. 8vo. 108. 61. HALFORD'S (the late Sir HENRY) Popular Essays and Orations.
Third Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 68. 6d.
--- Nugæ Metricæ. Fcap. 8vo. 38. 6d. HALLAM'S (HENRY) Constitutional History of England, from the
Accession of Henry the Seventh to the Death of George the Second. Sixth
View of the State of Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Introduction to the Literary History of Europe, during
the 16th, 17th, and 18th Centuries. Third Edition. 3 Vols. 8vo. 368. HAMILTON'S (WALTER) Facts to Assist the Memory in various Sciences. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 6s. 6d.
Hindostan, Geographically, Statistically, and Historically. Map. 2 Vols. 4to. 41. 14s. 6d.
- (W. J.) Researches in Asia Minor, Pontus, and Armenia; with some Account of the Antiquities and Geology of those
Countries. Plates. 2 Vols. 8vo. 388. HAMPDEN'S (BISHOP OF HEREFORD) Essay on the Philosophical
Evidence of Christianity, or the Credibility obtained to a Scripture
Revelation, from its Coincidence with the Facts of Nature. 8vo. 98. 60. HARCOURT'S (EDWARD VERNON) Sketch of Madeira ; with Map
and Plates.' Post 8vo. 88.6d. HART'S ARMY LIST. (Published Quarterly and Annually.)
8vo. 58. and 20s. each.
HASE'S ANCIENT GREEKS; their Public and Private Life,
Manners, and Customs. Translated from the German. By Mrs. AUSTIX.
Fcap. 8vo. 5s.6d. HAND-BOOK OF TRAVEL-TALK; or, Conversations in
English, German, French, and Italian. Intended for Englishmen travelling abroad, or Foreigners visiting Great Britain. 18mo. 58.
-- NORTH GERMANY-Holland, Belgium, Prussia, and the Rhine. Map. Post 8vo. 128.
--- SOUTH GERMANY–Bavaria, Austria, Salzberg, the Austrian and Bavarian Alps, the Tyrol, and the Danube, from Ulm to the Black Sea. Map. Post 8vo. 12s.
- PAINTING—the German, Flemish, and Dutch Schools. From the German of KUGLER. Edited, with Notes, by Sir EDMUND HEAD. Post 8vo. 12s.
-- SWITZERLAND—the Alps of Savoy, and Piedmont. Map. Post 8vo. 108.
-- FRANCE-Normandy, Brittany, the French Alps, the Rivers Loire, Seine, Rhone, and Garonne, Dauphiné, Provence, and the Pyrenees. Maps. Post 8vo. 128.
- SPAIN--Andalusia, Ronda, Granada, Valencia, Catalonia, Gallicia, Arragon, and Navarre. Maps. Post 8vo. 168.
- PAINTING—the Spanish and French Schools. By Sir EDMUND HEAD. Post 8vo. 12s.
MADEIRA. Maps and Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 8s. 6d.
-- NORTH ITALY-Florence, Sardinia, Genoa, the Riviera, Venice, Lombardy, and Tuscany. Map. Post 8vo. 12s.
- CENTRAL ITALY-Rome, the Papal States, and Cities of Etruria. Maps. Post 8vo. 16s.
- SOUTHERN ITALY-Sicily, and Naples. Map. Post 8vo. Nearly ready.
- PAINTING- the Italian Schools. From the German of KUGLER. Edited, by Sir CHARLES EASTLAKE. With Woodcuts from the Old Masters. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 24s.
--- MALTA—the Ionian Islands, Turkey, Asia Minor, and Constantinople. Maps. Post 8vo. 158.
- EGYPT_Thebes, the Nile, Alexandria, Cairo, the Pyramids, Mount Sinai, &c. Map. Post 8vo. 158. --- SYRIA AND THE HOLY LAND. Maps. Post 8vo. (Preparing.)
- DENMARK, NORWAY, AND SWEDEN. Maps. Post 8vo. 12s.
- RUSSIA AND FINLAND. Maps. Post 8vo. 128.
ENGLAND AND WALES. Giving an account of the most remarkable Places and most frequented Roads and Railways in England-describing the objects calculated to interest strangers and passing travellers, showing how they may be accessible with the least expenditure of time and money. Map, Post 8vo. Nearly ready.
DEVON AND CORNWALL. Maps. Post 8vo. 68.
HAND-BOOK FOR LONDON, PAST AND PRESENT. Being an
Alphabetical Account of all the Antiquities, Curiosities, Churches, Works of Art. Places, and Streets connected with Interesting and Historical Associations, Post 8vo. 168.
- MODERN LONDON. A Guide to all the Sights and objects of interest in the Metropolis. Map. 16mo.58.
ENVIRONS OF LONDON. Including a Circle of 30 Miles round St. Paul's. Alphabetically arranged. Maps. Post 8vo. Nearly ready.
. ANTIQUITIES AND SCULPTURE IN THE BRITISHI MUSEUM, With 300 Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 78.62.
PICTURE GALLERIES IN LONDON AND ITS NEIGHBOURHOOD. With Historical, Biographical, and Critical Notices. Post 8vo. 108.
- WINDSOR AND ETON. 16mo. 18.
- WESTMINSTER ABBEY-its Art, Architecture, and Associations. Woodcuts. 16mo. 18.
-- CHRONOLOGY, Alphabetically arranged as a Book of easy reference. 8vo. (Nearly Ready.)
- (OFFICIAL) OF CHURCH AND STATE. Giving a detailed and listorical Account of the Duties attached to the various Departments of the Government and the Church. Post 8vo. 68.
FAMILIAR QUOTATIONS. From English Authors. I'cap. 8vo. In the Press.
- ARCHITECTURE. Illustrated. Being a Concise and Popnlar Account of the Different Styles prevailing in all Ages and Countries in the World. With a Description of the most remarkable Buildings. By JAMES FERGUSSON. Illustrations. 8vo. In the Press.
CATHEDRALS OF ENGLAND. Containing a whort Description of each. By Rev. G. A. POOLE. With Plates. Post 8vo. In the Press.
MEDIEVAL ART. Translated from the French of M. Jules Labarthe, and Edited, with Notes and Illustrations, by
Mrs. PALLINER. With Illustrations. 8vo. In the Press. HAWKSTONE; a Tale of England in the Year 1844. Third
Edition. 2 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 128. IIAY'S (J. H. DRUMMOND) Western Barbary, its wild Tribes and
savago Animals. Post 8vo. 2s.6d. HIEBER'S (Bishop) Parish Sermons; on the Lessons, the Gospel,
or the Epistle, for every Sunday in the Year, and for Week-day Festivals. Sixth Edition.' 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 16s.
- Sermons Preached in England. Second Edition. 8vo. 98. Od.
- Hymns written and adapted for the weekly Church Service of the Year. Twelfth Edition. 16mo. 2s.
- Poetical Works. Fifth Edition Portrait. Fcp. 8vo. 78. 60.
- Journey through the Upper Provinces of India. From Calentta to Bombay, with a Journey to Madras and the Southern Provincos. 2 Vols. Post Svo. 128.
HEAD'S (SIR FRANCIS) Rough Notes of some Rapid Journeys across
the Pampas and over the Andes. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
- Bubbles from the Brunnen of Nassau. By an Old Man. Sixth Edition. 16mo. 5s.
- Emigrant. Fifth Edition. Post 8vo. 128. - Stokers and Pokers, or the London and North-Western Railway. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
- Defenceless State of Great Britain. A series of Descriptive Sketches, containing-1. Military Warfare. 2. Naval Warfare. 3. The Invasion of England. 4. The Capture of London by a French Army. 5. The Treatment of Women in War. 6. How to Defend Great Britain. Post Svo. 128. -- Paris in 1851—a Faggot of French Sticks. Second Edition. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 24s.
— (SIR GEORGE) Forest Scenes and Incidents in Canada. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 10s.
— Home Tour through the Manufacturing Districts of England, Scotland, and Ireland, including the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man. Third Edition. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 12s.
- (SIR EDMUND) Handbook of Painting the Spanish and French Schools. Post 8vo. 12s. --- Handbook of Painting the German, Flemish, and Dutch Schools. From the German of Kugler. Edited, with Notes.
Post 8vo. 128. HEIRESS (THE) in Her Minority; or, The Progress of Character.
By the Author of "Bertha's JOURNAL.” 2 Vols. 12mo. 188. HERODOTUS. A New English Version. Translated from the
Text of GAISFORD, and Edited with Notes, illustrating the History and Geography of Herodotus, from the most recent sources of information, embodying the chief Results, Historical and Ethnographical, which have been arrived at in the progress of Cuneiform and Hieroglyphical Discovery. By Rev. GEORGE RAWLINSON, M.A. Assisted by COLONEL
RAWLINSON and SIR J. G. WILKINSON. 4 Vols. 8vo. In Preparation. HERSCHEL'S (Sir J. W. F.) Manual of Scientific Enquiry, for the
Use of Officers and Travellers in general. By various Writers. Second
from his Accession to the Death of Queen Caroline. Edited, with Notes,
by Right Hon. J. W. CROKER. Portrait. 2 Vols. 8vo. 368. HICKMAN'S (Wm.) Treatise on the Law and Practice of Naval
Courts Martial. 8vo. 108. 6d. HILL'S (GENERAL LORD) Life. By Rev. EDWIN SIDNEY. Second
Edition. Portrait. 8vo. 12s. HISTORY OF ENGLAND UNDER THE HOUSE OF LANCASTER.
With an Introductory View of the Early Reformation. 8vo. 158.
- THE LATE WAR: With Sketches of Nelson,
Wellington, and Napoleon. By J. G. LOCKHART. 18mo. 2s.6d. HOLLAND'S (Rev. W. B.) Psalms and Hymns, selected and
adapted to the various Solemnities of the Church. 24mo. 1s. 6d. HOLMES (MRS. DALKEITH) Ride on Horseback through France
and Switzerland to Florence. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 188,