Докладніше про цю книгу
Книги в Google Play
CONTENTS Of No. CXV.
Art. I. 1. John Hopkins's Notions of Political Economy.
By the Author of Conversations on Political Eco-
2. Illustrations of Political Economy. By Harriet
Martineau, ....... 1
II. Memoir and Correspondence of the late Sir James
Edward Smith, M.D.,F.R.S., President of the Lin-
nsean Society. Edited by Lady Smith, . 39
i Society. r.dited by i,a
2i'8? t\e Dlreato\s SftljeIII. Answer of the DhWots &ft!je Liverpool and Man-
chester Railway, to an article in the Edinburgh Review for October 1832 69
IV. Journal of Voyages and Travels by the Rev. Daniel
Tyerman, and George Bennet, Esq., deputed from
the London Missionary Society, to visit their various
Stations in the South Sea Islands, China, India,
&c. between the years 1821 and 1829. Compiled
from the Original Documents by James Montgo-
V. Jury Trial in Scotland, Improved, by being Extend-
ed: A Letter to the Lord Chancellor. By a Mem-
ber of the Scottish Bar, .... 96
VI. Faust: a Dramatic Poem by Goethe. Translated into English Prose, with remarks on former Trans-
lations and Notes. By the Translator of Savigny's
'Of the Vocation of our Age for Legislation and
VII. 1. Scheme for a Graduated Property Tax.
2. Suggestions for the Relief of the Public Burdens, 143
Art. VIII. 1. Treatise on Burning Instruments, containing the
Method of Building Large Polyzonal Lenses. By
David Brewster, LLD. F.R.S.
2. Memoire sur un Nouveau Systeme d'Eclairage des
Phares. Par M. A. Fresnel.
3. On the Construction of Polyzonal Lenses, and
Mirrors of Great Magnitude, for Lighthouses, and
for Burning Instruments; and on the formation of a
Great National Burning Apparatus. By David
Brewster. LLD. F.R.S.
4. Saggio di Osservazioni, &c., or an Essay on the
best Means of Improving the Construction of Light-
houses; with an Appendix, which treats specially
of their Illumination by Gas. By the Chevalier
G. Aldini, Member of the Royal Institute of Science,
Belles Lettres, and the Arts, at Milan.
5. Rapport contenant L'Exposition du Systeme
adopte, par la Commission des Phares, pour eclairer
les Cotes de France. Par M. de Rossel, Contre-
Amiral Honoraire, et Member de l'lnstitut.
6. Account of a New System of Illumination for
Lighthouses. By David Brewster, LLD. F.R.S. 169
IX. 1. Artis Logica' Rudimenta, with Illustrative Obser-
vations on each Section.
2. Elements of Logic. By Richard Whately, D.D.
Principal of St Alban's Hall, and late Fellow of
Oriel College, Oxford.
3. Introduction to Logic, from Dr Whately's Ele-
ments of Logic. By the Rev. Samuel Hinds, M.A.,
of Queen's College, and Vice-Principal of St Al-
ban's Hall, Oxford.
4. Outline of a New System of Logic, with a Critical
Examination of Dr Whately's ' Elements of Logic,'
By George Bentham, Esq.
5. An Examination of some Passages in Dr Whately's
Elements of Logic. By George Cornewall Lewis,
Esq., Student of Christ Church.
6. A Treatise on Logic on the Basis of Aldrich,
with Illustrative Notes by the Rev. John Huyshe,
M.A. Brazen-nose College, Oxford.
7. Questions on Aldrich's Logic, with References to
the most Popular Treatises.
8. Key to Questions on Aldrich's Logic.
9. Introduction to Logic.
10. Aristotle's Philosophy. (An Article in Vol. iii.
of the Seventh Edition of the Encyclopaedia Britan-
nica,now publishing.) By the Rev. Renn Dickson
Hampden, M.A., late Fellow of Oriel College, Ox-
X. 1. The Penny Magazine of the Society for the Dif-
fusion of Useful Knowledge.
2. The Saturday Magazine of the Society for Propa-
gating Christian Knowledge.
3. Chambers's Edinburgh Journal, . . 239
XI. I. Ireland, a Tale, by Harriet Martineau.
2. Speech of the Right Hon. SirR. Pet-1, on the Bill
for Suppressing Disturbances in Ireland.
3. Speech of the Right Hon. E. G. Stanley, on the
Bill for Suppressing Disturbances in Ireland.
4. Speech of the Right Hon. Spring Rice on the Re-
peal of the Union, 248