« НазадПродовжити »
Lindsay, Alexander and James, Glasgow, flax and Lumsden, James, Dysart, merchant; by James grain-dealers
Pottie, merchant, Kirkaldy Lover, Mary, Edinburgh, late china-dealer
M'Caul, John and Sons, Glasgow, merchants; by M‘Alpin and Fisher, Glasgow, brick-makers
Mr Garden, merchant there M'Intosh, Arthur, Inverness, bookseller
Macgibbon, É. Glasgow, merchant; by George MʻIver, John, Muthill, nursery and seedsman
Duncan, accountant there M‘Leod, John, Glasgow, cotton spinner
Nicol, William, Gateside, bleacher; by J. Craig. Paterson, Malcom, and Co. Port.Dundas, brick accountant, Paisley manufacturers
Peacock, Robert and Sons, Paisley, merchants Sanders, John, Leith, cooper and fish-curer
by Thomas Risk, accountant there Sutherland, John, Dunfermline, merchant
Penman, Andrew, Glasgow, bookseller; by James
Ross, writer there
Pollock, A. and J. Paisley, cotton yarn merArthur, John, Glasgow, builder; by James Kerr, "chants; by the trustee, 5, Orchard Street, accountant there
there Christie, J. P. Edinburgh, tobacconist; by J. Robey, George, Anstruther, merchant; by W. Watt, jun, tobacconist there,
Scott, accountant in Edinburgh Dobson, James, Glasgow, drysalter; by W. Jef- Smith, James and Co. Peterhead, booksellers; by frey, there
R. Gray, writer there,
BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, DEATHS.
13. At Queen Street, Edinburgh, Lady August 2. At Malta, the lady of Cap. Ellinor Campbell, a daughter. tain Robert Tait, R. N. à son.
-The lady of Duncan Robertson, Esq. 17. At Basseterre, island of St Kitt's, of Carron Vale, a son. the lady of James Hay, of the Customs' a - At Aberdeen, Mrs Lumsden of Tilson.
whilly, a daughter. September 20. At Scallaway, in Shet 14. In Northumberland Street, Edinland, the lady of John Scott, younger of burgh, the lady of Captain Hodgson, RoyScallaway, Esq. a daughter.
al Navy, a son. 21. In St James's Place, Edinburgh, the 15. In Charles Street, Berkeley Square, lady of T. Rose, Esq. a son.
London, Lady Sophia, wife of James Mac23. Lady John Somerset, a son. donald, Esq. M. P. a son.
25. At Mylnefield House, Mrs Mylne - At Clapham, the lady of David Barof Mylnefield, a daughter.
clay, Esq. a son. 26. At Southampton, the lady of George - The Duchess of Newcastle, a son. Holmes Jackson, Esq. of Glenmore, a son. 16. At Clifton, the lady of Major-Gene
27. At Maxpoffle, Mrs Scott, younger ral, Macleod, a daughter. of Raeburn, a daughter.
- At London, the lady of John Drum28. At Luton Park, Lady James Stu- mond, Esq. jun. a daughter. I art, a daughter.
- At Seacot, Mrs Balfour, a son. - At Graham Street, Edinburgh, the At Grange, Mrs Cadell, a son,',! lady of Captain David Campbell, a son.
- At Millburn Tower, Mrs Ramage 29. At Paris, the Duchess dc Berri, & Liston, a daughter. Prince.
At his house in Charlotte Square, 30. At Gogar House, the lady of James Edinburgh, the lady of Thomas Maitland, L'Amy, Esq. advocate, a daughter. younger of Dundrennan, Esq. a son.
October 1. At Edinburgh, Mrs Greig -- At Cl. enham, Lady Catherine Hal. of Hallgreig, a son.
kett, a son. 4. At Durie, Mrs Christie, a son.
- At Dumfries, Mrs Dr Laing, a son. 5. At Queen Street, Edinburgh, Mrs 17. At Birmingham, the lady of Major Inglis, a daughter.
Carmichael, of the 6th dragoon guards, a - Mrs James Moncreiff, Northumber. son and heir, land Street, Edinburgh, a son.
- At Fairfield Lodge, near Ayr, Mrs 6. At Edinburgh, the lady of Sir George Dr Murdoch, a daughter. Sitwell, Bart. of Renishaw, in the county
18. At Penicuik House, Lady Clerk, a
18. At Penicui of Derby, a son and heir.
son. - At Glengarry House, the lady of 19. At Cramond House, Mrs Hope Colonel M.Donell of Glengarry, a daugh Johnstone of Annandale, a son. ter.
- Mrs W. Ferrier, Albany Street, Edin7. At Crosbie, Newton-Stewart, the burgh, a son.. Hon. Mrs Montgomerie Stewart, a daugh- Mrs Jas. H. Ross, 8, Dundas Street, ter.
a daughter. 9. At Hill-end, Grecnock, the lady of 20. At Bank Street, Edinburgh, Mrs Capt. Barwick, of the 79th regiment, or Rymer, a daughter. Cameronian Highlanders, a son.
21. At Southsea, the lady of Sir James
Alex. Gordon, K. C. B. Royal Navy, a 6. At Comely Bank, Edinburgh, Peter daughter.
Cameron, Esq. in the service of the Hon. 24. In Great King Street, Edinburgh, the East India Company, to Mary Ann Mrs Leonard Horner, a son.
Allan, third daughter of Mr William Al. Lately. In Richmond Bridewell, of lan, Comely Bank. troins, a boy and a girl, both doing well, - At Peterhead, John M'Lean, Esq. Mrs Catherine Farley, about fourteen of Richmond, Grenada, to Margaret, semonths a prisoner there under sentence of cond daughter of the late Alexander M-Kenhard labour !
zie, Esq. of Ord, Ross-shire. At 114, George Street, Edinburgh, the 9. At Cannoby, Mr Andrew Armstrong, lady of Captain Menzies, a daughter. surgeon, Grenadier Guards, to Jean, eldest
daughter of Mr Fergus Armstrong, Cor. MARRIAGES.
nerhouse. January 1. At Government House, - At Glasgow, Mr Archibald Fisken, Calcutta, Major A. Lindsey, of the artil merchant, to Eliza Inglis, only daughter lery, to Miss Flora Loudon Mackenzie, of John Inglis, Esq. merchant. daughter of the late Donald Mackenzie of - At Coldstream, Donald M‘Donald, Hartfield.
Esq. of Drimintoron, to Miss Ano CumMarch 22. át Meerut, in the East mings, fifth daughter of Mr Adam CumIndies, at the house of Lieut. H. Cochrane, mings, merchant, Palinsburn. of his Majesty's 8th light dragoons, Lieut. At Kemyshall, William Goldie, Esq. George Brooke, of the Horse Artillery, writer in Dumfries, to Janet, eldest danghcommanding the Rocket Brigade, to Miss ter of Robert Dinwoodie, Esq. of KemysCatherine Cochrane, niece of Dr Coch. hall. rane, late President of the Medical Board, At Glasgow, Mr Maxwell Dick, bookCalcutta.
seller, Irvine, to Miss Janet Bannerman, August 22. At Hartfeld House, James youngest daughter of William Bannerman, · Macdonald, Esq. of Balranald, and young. Esq. Anderston.
er of Lynedale, to Jane, third daughter of 10. At Crookston House, James Greig, the deceased Captain Mackenzie of Hart- Esq. of Eccles, W. S. to Agnes, second field.
daughter of John Borthwick, Esq. of September 4. At Edinburgh, James Aus- Crookston. tin, Esq. M. D. of the island of Barbadoes, 16. At London, Captain Lewis Mackento Elizabeth Mary, only daughter of the late zie, Royal Scots Greys, to Nancy, the only Wm. Pierce, Esq. of Jamaica.
daughter of the late Samuel Forrester Ban21. At Kirkhilī, near Aberdeen, Thomas croft, Esq. Barclay, Esq. of London, to Mary, second 17. At Melrose, Robert Henderson, Esq. daughter of Captain Charles Adamson of writer in Selkirk, to Miss L. J. Waugh, Kirk hill.
daughter of the late Dr John Waugh of 28. At Halifax, Mr William Kelly, jun. Jannaica. merchant, Glasgow, to Elizabeth, eldest At Hospitalfield, Captain Fyffe, R. daughter of Copley Brown, Esq. Westfield, N. to Henrietta Elizabeth, third daughter Halifax.
of the late David Hunter, Esq. of Black- The Right Hon. Francis Earl of ness. Huntingdon, to Eliza Mary, widow of the At Hendersyde Park, Captain George late Alexander Thistlewayte, Esq. of Hamp- Edware Watts, Royal Navy, to Jane, shire.
youngest daughter of George Waldie, Esg. 29. At Balcarry, Alex. Chancellor of of Roxburghshire. Shieldhill, Esq. to Miss Helen H. Robert 19. At Aberdeen, Mr George Crawford, son, daughter of the deceased Hugh Ro. Montrose, to Barbara, youngest daughter bertson, Esq. W. S.
of the Rev. Dr Thompson, Aberdeen. '" 30. Lieut.-Colonel Elphinstone, third 23. At Kilbarchan, the Rev. Matthew son of the Hon. Wm. Elphinstone, to Allison, Relief minister of that place, to Diana Maria, daughter of Charles Claver. Miss Elizabeth Kirkwood, youngest daughing, Esq.
ter of the late James Kirkwood, merchant, October 2. At Vogrie House, Warren Beith. Hastings Anderson, Esq. second son of At Haddington, Mr John Thomson, David Anderson, Esq. of St Germain's, to surgeon, R. N. to Eliza, eldest daughter Mary Elizabeth, eldest daughter of James of James Cockburn, Esq. of Elm House, Dewar, Esq. of Vogrie.
Haddington. 3. At Amelia Bank, Dundee, Adam - At Glasgow, Mr Samuel M.Farlane, Hunter, Esq. M. D. surgeon, Edinburgh, manufacturer, to Jean, daughter of Mr to Elizabeth, eldest daughter of the late Robert Corse. John Kirkaldy, Esq.
24. In George Square, Edinburgh, Wil. 5. At Edinburgh, the Rev. Alex. Dun. liam Downe Gillon, Esq. younger of Wall. can, Dundee, to Mary, eldest daughter of house, to Helen Eliza, eldest daughter of Mr Thomas Grieve, Nicolson Square. - 'John Corse Scott, Esq. of Sinton.
25. At Wakefield, Wm. Campbell, Esq. 16. At Burnmouth, Liddesdale, John W. S. Edinburgh, to Jane, second daugh- Elliot, Esq. of Binks. ter of Hugh Cleghorn, Esq. of Stravithie. 17. At Kilwinning, Mrs Boyle, relict of
- At Edinburgh, George William Tire- Mr John Boyle, shipmaster, in her IOth man, Esq. of York, and of the Yorkshire year. regiment of hussars, to Charlotte, eldest - At Malaga, John M. Hunter, Esq. daughter of Joseph Stainton, Esq. of Big- of Glasgow, merchant. garshiells.
22. At Broomhill, near Aberdeen, Mrs 26. At Leith, the Rev. James Camp. Rose, relict of the Rev. Alexander Rose, bell, minister of Traquair, to Mary, daugh- minister of Auchterless. ter of Matthew Comb, Esq. brewer. " - At London, Catherine, daughter of
Lately. At Philadelphia, Mr James the late Right Hon. Lady Janet, and Sir Finlayson, younger of Jeanfield, to Isabel Robert Anstruther, Bart. of Balcaskie, la, daughter of John Mellish, Esq.
30. At Mid Calder, Mr Thomas Fraser, DEATHS.
surgeon. March 14. At the Residency of Nepaul, At Jedburgh, Thomas Ormiston, Esq. Robert Stuart, Esq. youngest son of the of Glenburnhall. late Sir John Stuart of Allanbank, Bart. - In London, aged 83, the relict of
April. At Gaderwarrha, India, the head- the late James Macgregor, Esq. of Belliquarters of Colonel Adams, John Syme, more. younger of Ryedale, Lieutenant in the 19th Oct. 1. At Bognor, in the 15th year of native infantry, and Deputy Commissary at her age, Harriet, youngest daughter of Nagpore.
Lord Spencer Chichester, deceased, and - At Trincomalee, Thomas Miller Bu- Lady Harriet Chichester. chan, youngest son of William Buchun of - At Bicton House, the Right Hon. the Bank of Scotland, and surgeon of his Lady Rolle. Majesty's ship Minden, bearing the flag of At Edinburgh, after a few days illAdmiral Sir Richard King.
ness, James, youngest son of James Irvine, 5. At Calcutta, Mrs Robert Campbell, Esq. of Quebec, Lower Canada. one of the most amiable and universally re- =At Elphingston, Miss Boyle, sister of spected ladies of the settlement.
the late James Boyle, Esq. of Tillynuur19. At Ryepoor, of a fever, occasioned doch. by fatigue on service, Lieut. Richard Fra. - At his house, Melville Street, Edinser, 6th Bengal native infantry, eldest son burgh, Charles Macpherson, late Inspecof the late Mr Donald Fraser, writer in tor. General for North Britain. Inverness.
2. At Montrose, aged 84, Mr John Kin* 28. At Wurnoo Tank, in Wagur, Cap- near, merchant. tain James Macmurdo, the Honourable 3. At Gateshead, near Newcastle-uponEast India Company's Resident at Cutch. Tyne, the Hon. Mrs Smith, sister to the
May 7. At Samarang, Java, John Pol. Earl of Donoughmore and Lord Hutchinwarth, Esq.
son. 19. On his passage from Bombay to - At the house of the Rev. James GorEngland, William George Burrell, M. D. don, Tombal, Glenlivat, Elizabeth Gordon, surgeon of the 65th regiment of foot, son aged 75 years, relict of the late Mr James of the late Mr William Burrell, merchant Gordon, merchant, Drumlithie. in Edinburgh.
4. At Stockbridge, Edinburgh, Miss July 3. On his passage from India to Margaret Irving, second daughter of the Europe, Robert Hunter, Esq. surgeon in late Lieutenant-Colonel Irving, of the 70th the Hon. East India Company's service. foot.
Aug. 5. At Demerara, Mr John Wo. 5. At Campbelton, Mrs Macvicar, in her therspoon, engineer, a native of Glasgow. 88th year, and the oldest widow on the
11. On board his Majesty's ship Tartar, pension list of the army. Howard, third son of Colonel Sir Howard - Harriet, the wife of Lieut. Colonel Douglas.
Hogg, of Emers Down Cottage, Lyndhurst. 24. At Burroston, in Shetland, Mrs 6. At Dundee, at the advanced age of Henry, wife of Thomas Henry of Bayhall, 95, Miss Susanna Lyon, daughter of the
late William Lyon of Carse, Esq. ad vocate, Scpt. 7. At Wickham, in her 19th year, and grand-daughter of the late Lord Carse, Miss Georgiana Jane M‘Donald, eldest one of the Senators of the College of Jusdaughter of Dr M‘Donald, Royal Navy. tice.
8. At Wick, Barbara Rose, daughter of At Edinburgh, Heien, daughter of the Rev. Robert Phin.
Thomas Bell, Esq. Wharton Place. 9. At Plymouth, Samuel Hood Linzee, 7. At the Manse of Sanquhar, the Rev. Esq. Vice-Admiral of the Blue. He fell William Ranken, minister of that parish, from his horse in a fit of apoplexy, and ne in the 69th year of his age, and 35th of his yer spoke afterwards.
8. At Earlstoun Manse, George Shiels, wife of Kenneth Mackenzie, M. D. second only surviving son of the Rev. William daughter of the late Wm. Blair, Esq. Shiels, minister of Earlstoun.
W. S. - At Duddingstoun, John Hamilton 15. At Marden Park, Surrey, in the 87th Dundas, Esq. of Duddingstoun.
year of his age, John Hastell, Esq. Clerk 9. At Tradeston, Glasgow, Mrs Park, of the House of Commons. He entered widow of Captain Charles Park of Park upon that office in the latter end of the hill.
reign of George II. His volumes of " Pre- At Montrose, Mrs Margaret Stewart, cedents of Proceedings in the House of Comin the 89th year of her age.
mons” are well known, and the work will - At Ramham, near Chatham, George, long survive him as the text-book resorted eldest son of Sir James Malcolm, of the to in all cases of difficulty. Royal Marines.
16. At Edinburgh, Mr Alex. Phillip, - At Currie, Walter Brown, Esq. of baker ; and on the 20th curt. Mrs Janet Currie.
Inglis, his wife. - At Grange-lall, Forres, Elizabeth, At Bermondsey, London, John Mileldest daughter of the late James Peterkin lar, M. D. only son of Mr John Millar, of Grange, Esq.
Canongate. 10. At Broughty Ferry, near Dundee, - Mrs Hagart, sen. of Bantaskine. Lieut. James Begbie, late of the Apollo 17. At Edinburgh, Miss Janet Buchan, frigate.
youngest daughter of the late John Buchan, At Edinburgh, Mrs Grace Ramsay, Esq. of Letham. relict of David Ramsay, Esq. Craigleith. 18. At Westwood Cottage, Balthayock, . - At Dalnavert, Mrs Clark, widow of Mary, daughter of the late John Blair of the late Capt. Alex. Clark.
Balthayock, Esq. 11. At Arbroath, Mr Malcolm Wright, - At Corntown, near Stirling, John of the White Hart Inn there.
Stewart, Esq. - At his house of Hill Top, Stafford. 19. At Leith, Mrs Ann Beugo, relict of shire, James Keir, Esq. aged 85.
the deceased Mr Alexander Balfour, cabi- At Tweedside Lodge, Peebles, Mrs net-maker, Kinghorn. Grace Elizabeth Seton, relict of Mr John - At Glasgow, William Boyd, Esq. Bartram, writer in Edinburgh.
of Longrigg, brass founder in Glasgow, - At Dalkeith House, William Cuthill, late Captain of his Majesty's schooner the
Thistle. - At Dumbarton, Ebenezer Hislop, - At Glasgow, Mr Charles James CampM. D. Member of the Faculty of Physi. bell, son of the late Dr Charles Campbell, cians and Surgeons, Glasgow.
of Bencoolen. - At Wooll, Charles Scott, Esq. of - Robert Pender, Esq. of Parkside, Wooll.
late Captain in the Royal J.anai kshire 12. At Nether Barns, William Ander. son, Esq. late of Jamaica.
20. At Rainham, Kent, Jane Oliver, - At Edinburgh, Mrs Margaret Miller, lady of Sir James Malcolm, Royal Mawife of Mr William Whyte, merchant, riries. Leith.
- At Edinburgh, Mr Robert Findlay, 13. At London, Miss Isabella Douglas. writing master and accountant, South
14. At Parkhill, Dalry, the Rev. John Bridge. Thomson...
+ At Edinburgh, Mrs Janet Liddell, - At London, in the prime of life, af- wife of Thomas Bell, Esq. Wharton Place. ter a few days illness, Mary Stewart Mac- 22. At his son's cottage, Altrive Lake, kenzie, youngest daughter of Mr Macken- Yarrow, Mr Robert Hogg, at the advanced zie, banker in Inverness.
age of 92. - At Hermitage Brae, Elizabeth Brown, 23. At Edinburgh, Mr Thomas Pyper, spouse of James Wishart, merchant, Leith. linen draper, much regretted.
- At Dumfries, in the prime of life, - At Edinburgh, Miss Margaret Muat, after a lingering illness, Mrs Harriet Ha- of Lasswade Hill.
Lately. At Exeter, George Gifford, Esq. - At Speddoch, Miss Anne Gilchrist, eldest brother of his Majesty's Attorneydaughter of the late Dr Ebenezer Gila General. christ.
At Blackeddie, near Sanquhar, Wm. 15. At Edinburgh, Mrs Janet Blair, Johnston, Esq. late Provost of Sanquhar.
Printed by George Ramsay and Company, Edinburgh.
ces Hamilton, containing Anecdotes of Revealed Religion.om mmmwamwon.538
Family....comm.com m arcose483 dence for Christianity common man.542
XII. and XIII. Concluded )ramom 492 of New York ....... comercrocoranam543
Albert Limbach, or the Martyy of
German Literature-Cardinal Fesch's
Milman...mmmmmmmmmmmonomaniw528 | Meteorological Table rowwe mannesmarowww568
PRINTED FOR ARCHIBALD CONSTABLE AND COMPANY.