« НазадПродовжити »
Detail Parts of the Equipment
PARTS OF THE EQUIPMENT.
(See Fig. 1.)
1. The AIR PUMP to compress the air.
2. The MAIN RESERVOIR, in which to store and cool the air and collect water and dirt.
3. A DUPLEX PUMP-GOVERNOR to control the pump when the pressures are attained for which it is regulated.
4. A DISTRIBUTING VALVE, and small double-chamber reservoir to which it is attached, placed on the locomotive to perform the functions that have heretofore devolved on the triple valves, auxiliary reservoirs, double-check-valves, high-speed reducing valves, etc.
5. Two BRAKE-VALVES, the AUTOMATIC to operate locomotive and train brakes, and the INDEPENDENT to operate locomotive brakes only.
6. A FEED VALVE to regulate the brake-pipe pressure.
7. A REDUCING VALVE to reduce the pressure for the independent brake-valve and for the air-signal system when used.
8. Two DUPLEX AIR-GAUGES; one, to indicate equalizing-reservoir and main-reservoir pressures; the other, to indicate brake-pipe and locomotive-brakecylinder pressures.
1"CUT-OUT COCK 19b
UNION MUST NOT BE
PLACED IN THE "PORTION OF THIS PIPE
BRACKETS ARE SNOW INVERTED AIAP CONNECTIONS MOVING THE
Fig. 1.–Piping Diagram, No. 6 E T Locomotive-Brake
Copyright, 1909, by The Norman W. Henley Publishing Co.