« НазадПродовжити »
ONE to be read, in the Daily Service, each
Oft the alternate Chaunt Of sacred Song wakens my highest Raptures.
Firf Η Υ Μ Ν Ι. Morning
and ; for the Lord Jehovah is my Strength and my Song; He als fo is become my Salvation. (Ifai. xii. 1.)
2. Praife the Lord, call upon his Name, declare his Doings among the People, make mention that his Name is exalted.
3. Sing unto the Lord, for He hath done excellent Things ; this is known in all the Earth.
4. Cry out, and flout, thou Inhabitant of Zion; for great is the holy One of Israel in the midst of Thee.
5. O LORD, Thou art my God, I will exalt Thee, I will praise thy Name, for Thou hast done wonderful Things thy Counsels of old are Faithfulness and Truth. (ib. xxv. 1.)
6. TRUST Ye in the Lord, for ever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting Strength. (xxvi. 4.)
7. Thou wilt keep him in perfect Peace, whose Mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee. (3.)
8. The Way of the Just is Uprightness; Thou moft upright, doft weigh the Path of the Juft. (7.)
9. With my soal have I desired Thee in the Night yea with my Spirit within me will I seek Thee early : for when thy Judgements are in the Earth, the Inhabitants of the World will learn Righteousness.
10. Yea, in the Way of thy Judgements, O Lord, have We waited for Thee; the Defire of our Soul is to thy Name, and to the Remembrance of Thee.
u. Though Favor be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn Righteousness: in the Land of Uprightness will be deal unjustly, and will not behold the Majesty of the Lord.
12. Lord, when thy Hand is lifted up, they will not fee; but they shall fee, and be ashamed for their Envy towards thy l'eople; yea, the Fire of thine Enemies shall de
13. BLESSED is the Man that walketh not in the Counset of the Ungodly, nor ftandeth in the Way of Sinners, and sitreth not in the Seat of the Scornful , but his Delight is in the Law of the Lord, and in his Law doth he meditate day and night. (Pf. i.)
14. He shall be like a Tree planted by the Water-side, that will bring forth his Fruit in due Season : his Leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth, it shall prosper.
15. As for the Ungodly, it is not so with them, but they are like the Chaff, which the Wind scattereth away from ibe Face of the Earth ; therefore the Ungodly shall not be able to stand in the Judgement, neither the Sinners in the Congregation of the righteous.
16. But the Lord knoweth the Way of the righteous, and the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.
17. BLESSED is the Man that feareth the Lord, that ush great Delight in his Commandments : His Seed Thall
be mighty upon Earth ; the Generation of the upright shall be blessed. Riches and Plenteousness shall be in his House and his Righteousness endureth for ever. (Pf.cxii.)
18. Unto the Godly there ariseth up Light in Darkness; he is merciful, loving and righteous.
19. A good Man is merciful and lendeth, and will guide his Words with discretion : for surely he thall never be moved ; and the righteous fhall be had in everlasting Remembrance.
ous thall be had in 20. He hall not be afraid of any evil Tidings ; for his Heart ftandeth fast, and believeth in the Lord : bis Heart is established, and he shall not be afraid.
21. He hath dispersed abroad, and given to the poor ; and his Righteousness remaiņeth for ever; his Horn fhall be exalted with honor.
22. The Ungodly shall see it, and it shall grieve him, he shall ghalh with his Teeth, and consume away : the Desire of the ungodly shall perifh.
23. Give Ear to my Words, O Lord, consider my Meditation, hearken Thou unto the Voice of my Cry, my King and my God; for unto Thee will I make my Prayer. (P/; v).
24. My Voice Ihalt Thou hear betimes, O Lord ; early in the Morning will I direct my Prayer unto Thee, and will
25. For Thou art the God that hast.no Pleasure in Wickedness; neither shall any evil dwell with Thee.
26. Such as be foolish shall not stand in thy Sight; for Thou hatest all the Workers of Iniquity. The Lord will abhor both the blood-thirfty and deceitful Man.
27. But as for me, I will come into thine House in the multitude of thy Mercy; and in thy Fear will I worthip toward thy holy Temple : lead me, O Lord, in thy Righteousness; make thy Way plain before my Face.
28. And let all them that "put their Trust in Thee rejoice: they shall ever be giving of Thanks, because Thou
defendeft them. Let them also that love thy Name, be joyful in Thee.
29. For Thou Lord, wilt give thy Blessing unto the righteous; and with thy favorable Kindness wilt Thou defend him, as with a Shield.
30. Thou art righteous, O LORD, which art, anď walt, and shalt be; because Thou haft judged thus. (Rev. xvi. 5.)?
31. Even so, LORD God ALMIGHTY, true and righte ous are thy Judgements, and to thy Name be the Praise.
32. LET us be glad and rejoice and give Honor to Him; for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Alleluiah. (ib. xix. 6,7.)
33. SALVATION and Glory and Honor and Power be unto the Lord our God; for true and righteous are his Judgements. Amen. Alleluiah. (ib. 1. 2.)
First H Y M N II. Evening.
EAR Me when I call, O God of my RighteoufHEA
nefs: Thou hast set me at Liberty when I was in Trouble: have Mercy upon me, and hearken to my Pray: er. (Pl. iv.)
2. Thou, O Lord, art my Defender ; thou art my Glory, and the Lifter up of my Head. (PS. iii. 3.)
3. Know this also, ye People, that the Lord hath chofen to himself the Man that is godly. When I call upon the Lord, He will hear me. Stand in Awe, and fin not; commune with your own Heart, and in your Chamber, and be ftill. (Pf. iv.)
4. Offer the Sacrifice of Righteousness, and put your Trust in the Lord.
5. There be many that fay, who will few us any good? Lord, lift Thou up the Light of thy Countenance upon us:
6. Thou hast put Gladness in my Heart, more than in the Time that their Corn and Wine and Oil increased.
7. I will lay me down in Peace, and take my Reft; for it is Thou, Lord, only that makest me dwell in Safety.
8. I DID call upon the Lord with my Voice, and He heard me out of his holy Hill. (Pl. iii. 4.)
9. I laid me down and slept, and rose up again, for the Lord fustained me.
10. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of the People that fet themselves against me round about. II. Arise, O Lord, and help me, O my God: for Thou
fmiteit all mine Enemies upon the Cheek-bone; Thou haft broken the Cheek of the ungodly.
12. Salvation belongeth anto the Lord; and thy Blessing is upon thy People.
13. THE LORD shall judge the People. Give Sentence with me, O Lord, according to my Righteoufiess, and according to the Innocency that is in me: O let the Wickedness of the ungodly come to an End, but guide Thou the Juft. (Pf. vii. 8.)
14. For the righteous God triech the very Hearts and Reins.
15. My Help cometh from God, who preferveth them that are true of Heart.
16. God is a righteous Judge, frong and patient ; yet He is provoked with the wicked every Day.
17. I will give Thanks unto the Lord, according to his Righteousness; and I will praise the Name of the Lord most high.
18. O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the World! Thou halt set thy Glory above the feavens. (Ps. viii.)
19. Out of the Mouth of very . Babes and Sucklings. haft Thou ordained Strength, because of thine Enemies, that Thou mightest still the Enemy and the Avenger.
20. When I consider thy Heavens, even the Works of thy Fingers ; the Moon and the Stars which Thou hast ordained:
21. What is Man, that Thou art mindful of him, and the Son of Man, that Thou visitest him? For Thou madeft him a little lower than the Angels, and haft crowned him with Glory and Honor.
22. Thou makes him to have dominion over the Works of thine H nds, and Thou hast put all things in subjection under his Feet;
23. All Sheep and Oxen; yea, and the Beasts of the Field; the Fowls of the Air, and the Fishes of the Sea, and whatsoever walketh through the Paths of the Seas.
24. O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the World !
25. GREAT and marvellous are thy Works, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY ; just and true are thy Ways, thou King of Saints. (Revel. xv. 3.)