« НазадПродовжити »
Chapter XI. Of the Law of the Increase of Capital.
1. Means and motives to saving, on what dependent 100
2. Causes of diversity in the effective strength of the desire of accu
3. Examples of deficiency in the strength of this desire 103
4. Exemplification of its excess .... 107
Chapter XII. Of the Late of the Increase of Production
1. The limited quantitv and limited productiveness of land, the real
limits to production 108
2. The law of production from the soil, a law of diminishing return
in proportion to the increased application of labour and capital . 109
3. Antagonist principle to the law of diminishing return; the pro
gress of improvements in production Ill
Chapter XIII. Consequences of the foregoing Laws.
1. Remedies when the limit to production is the weakness of the
principle of accumulation 117
2. Necessity of restraining population not confined to a state of
inequality of property 117
3. — nor superseded by free trade in food 119
4. — nor in general by emigration , 121
| 1. Introductory remarks 123
2. Statement of the question 124
3. Examination of Communism 125
4. — of St. Simonism and Fourierism . . 130
Chapter II. The same subject continued.
11. The institution of property implies freedom of acquisition by contract 133
2. —the validity of prescription 134
3. — the power of bequest, but not the right of inheritance. Ques
tion of inheritance examined 135
4. Should the right of bequest be limited, and how? 138
5. Grounds of property in land, different from those of property in
6. — only valid on certain conditions, which are not always realized.
The limitations considered 141
7. Eights of property in abuses 144
Chapter VII. Continuation of the same subject.
Chapter IX. Of Cottiers.
4 Ryot tenancy of India 197
i. The minimum of profits; and the variations to which it is liable . 246
Chapter XVl. Of Rent.
Chapter^ Of Demand and Supply, in their relation to Value.
Chapter JJi. Of Cost of Production, in its relation to Value.
Chapter^?; Of Rent, in its Relation to Value.
Chapter VJ; Summary of the Theory of Value.
3. — by the case of slave labour 298
4. Explanations and limitations of this principle 801
Chapter X. Of a Double Standard, and Subsidiary Coins.